Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Port St. Lucie? Generally, you should consider three significant sectors of your residence for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer is able to suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Safeguard Your Front Door
While it might seem absurd that an intruder would make an effort to casually enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins occur at the front door. You can also count porch pirates among other dangers to consider. A doorbell camera is perfect to manage all of these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are nice as you are able to converse with all guests who walk up and ring the bell. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with 2-way talk and live feeds and appear to be at home. In the event a person attempts something nefarious, you can have your camera instantly document the event on video and send it to your mobile phone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence can be a daunting assignment. Luckily, there are a handful of suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is well protected.
- The corners of your Port St. Lucie home provide a large sightline, seeing two sections of your yard.
- Right under an eave or straight into a bit of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partly obscured by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is an easier passageway for burglars than you might believe!
- Above a patio or sliding door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any brush and branches that might obstruct the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Port St. Lucie. However, the added versatility means you have more factors to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light that enters via a window can cause glare and affect your video recording. Direct your interior camera lens away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera located in an elevated area will provide a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your indoor units in a spot where children or pets have no ability to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or other ways of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if there is a plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the ideal plan for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (772) 237-3604 or submit the form below to start your project.