How Can Geofencing In Port St. Lucie Work With Home Security?
The latest smart security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to do easy security tasks like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these things again? When you implement geofencing in Port St. Lucie, you can just leave the house and have your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Port St. Lucie For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your residence, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then uses your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to communicate with each other. The technology aids your security system by grouping all devices onto a single network. You can draw specific boundaries around your house and assign what actions you want to take place if you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, when you exit your driveway, you may program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the devices you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your property’s security system in Port St. Lucie. When accessing the security app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for TV night with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Port St. Lucie
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (772) 237-3604 or send in the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.