Security cameras can solely be installed as a hindrance—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of additions all tailor-made to enable total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Port St. Lucie.
How To Set Up Your Port St. Lucie Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is installing the components in the best areas within your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a great move to have a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to afford a clear sightline of your front door, drive, and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places within your interior that are less imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your guests needs to be a major regard prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the first step in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Port St. Lucie. The features listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your mobile device the instant strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when movements are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to record and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way audio: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone via the device. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more comprehensive view of an area. Check for cameras that have at least 120° coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can produce video of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant texts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Port St. Lucie is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (772) 237-3604 or complete the form below to begin customizing your home security and camera system today.