How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Port St. Lucie
You realize you need to protect your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the right kind of home secuirty? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary choices you must make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Port St. Lucie and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at all times. When a window sensor trips or a smoke detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents are issued an alert immediately. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with a backup team. You might consider this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to remedy the situation. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Port St. Lucie
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup in place is always smart. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without your phone, your residence and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll reply faster to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might entitle you to a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and smooth integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless individuals would prefer to have the job taken care of by qualified experts, but some DIYers might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This will be agreeable for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Port St. Lucie
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Some might consider this an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an extra expense. Other people might wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate devices when you wish - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a seamless system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security notification? This situation will lead to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance setting up the system: If you want a helping hand during an installation, you might have to hire a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Port St. Lucie
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Port St. Lucie from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal solution for you. Contact (772) 237-3604 today to speak with our security experts.